Sports Premium Funding
The government is providing additional funding to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding - provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport - will be allocated to primary school Headteachers.
This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools. Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this. Please refer to our 2018 - 2019 evaluation document (below).
The main focus is developing the curriculum, and training for teachers. It also helps pay for participation in a variety of sporting clubs, tournaments and competitions.
Having completed the Youth Sport Trust audit, we are planning to use the funding in the following ways:
- Continued and increased participation in inter-school competitions (through Surrey Heath Learning Partnership)
- Increased provision of extra-curriculum clubs, by promoting links with external sports clubs and associations
- Develop provision for the most-able pupils, through training as Sports Crew and play leaders.
- CPD for staff including REAL PE training and dance CPD for all year groups.
- Membership of the Youth Sport Trust and attendance at PE conferences and networking events to ensure that Lakeside remains up-to-date with developments in PE
- Use of Sports coaches within some PE lessons
- Special events such as participation in the Gugafit programme and talks by Olympian champions